Looking for a meaningful summer experience that will be fun, beneficial, and memorable? If you’re currently in your senior year of high school or older, working at a Maine Camp Experience camp this summer is definitely worth your while! See all the great reasons below.
And, applying to one or up to 35+ Maine Camps at the same time is easy and possible by filling at the form at this link and selecting your camps of interest.
Benefits of working at a Maine Camp Experience Camp this summer:
- The chance to be outside in beautiful Maine nature – to enjoy blue skies, the smell of fresh pine in the air, incredible lakes, and more
- The opportunity to be active (not sedentary). Camp is fun, exciting and in motion!
- Make a difference in kids’ lives; camp staff makes a meaningful impact. Whether you’re teaching them to play soccer, tennis, or waterski, instructing them in ceramics, photography, or theater, or even hanging out making friendship bracelets during rest hour in the cabin or shooting hoops on a pop-a-shot during free time after dinner, campers learn from staff who become role models they remember and appreciate for a lifetime
- Unplug from phones and social media; make real-world connections with new friends from all over.
- Become part of a community; be an integral member of a “family” of campers and staff that have fun and grow together
- Build your confidence, independence, resilience, communication, problem-solving and leadership skills
- Receive round-trip transportation, all meals, and housing for the summer, as well as earn a competitive salary
There are so many wonderful activity areas for staff positions including: athletics (tennis, soccer, lacrosse, golf, etc.), arts & crafts, cooking, dance, equestrian, music, photography/videography, ropes courses, trips, waterfront (waterskiing, swimming, sailing, paddle boarding), and more! There are also many health center, food service, administrative and custodial positions available.
If you or someone you know is caring, energetic, and interested in a purposeful summer to remember – learn more here: https://www.mainecampexperience.com/work-at-camp.
Staff employment dates are approximately mid-June through mid-August and may vary slightly from camp to camp (for example: June 12-August 14; June 19-August 11).
Maine Camp Experience Resources & Tools
Looking for the perfect Maine camp for your child? Try out our helpful tool where you can select a camp by choosing: type of camp (girls, boys or coed) and session length (1-8 weeks). It helps to narrow down a few camps to a manageable list that includes rates. Then you can research these camps in more depth.
Next, be sure to contact our Maine Camp Guide, Laurie to discuss these camps as well as for free, year-round advice and assistance on choosing a great Maine summer camp for your child.
Talk to Laurie, our Maine Campcierge®, about choosing the right camp for your child and what to do in Maine.