While we may be away from camp right now, we are always Maine Camp Experience campers at heart. Many of us attribute the magic of camp to the physical place. And, while we agree that the Maine lakes are perfect and nothing beats the Maine woods, we know that the magic of Maine Camps also lies within our spirit, the friendships, the memories and the tastes!
While each Maine Camp Experience (MCE) camp may have its own S’mores recipe and special traditions for when and where they’ve eaten, all will agree that S’mores and camp go hand-in-hand. Here’s a simple new S’mores recipe we tried at home – S’mores Cookie Cups – while we’re dreaming of camp.
1 pack of Chocolate Chip cookies (the kind that you just pull apart the 24 squares of dough)
1 bag regular size Marshmallows
2 Hershey Bars (need 24 squares)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a mini cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Place on cookie dough square in each of the 24 mini cupcake spaces
- Use the back of a utensil to push down the middle of the cookie to form a little cup in each mold
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven
- Use utensil again to press down the dough that rose in the middle and place a marshmallow inside each cookie cup
- Broil for approximately 2-3 minutes (depending how much you want them toasted) until the tops of the marshmallows are a nice yellow to toasty brown color
- Remove from oven and stick a little Hershey square (actually rectangle) piece in on an angle into each marshmallow cookie cup
To eat … use a spoon to scoop one (or more!) out of the pan while they’re still warm and enjoy!
Maine Camp Experience Resources & Tools
Looking for the perfect Maine camp for your child? Try out our helpful tool where you can select a camp by choosing: type of camp (girls, boys or coed) and session length (1-8 weeks). It helps to narrow down a few camps to a manageable list that includes rates. Then you can research these camps in more depth.
Next, be sure to contact our Maine Camp Guide, Laurie to discuss these camps as well as for free, year-round advice and assistance on choosing a great Maine summer camp for your child.
Talk to Laurie, our Maine Campcierge™, about choosing the right camp for your child and what to do in Maine.