During this Thanksgiving time, we at Maine Camp Experience think about why we are thankful. In addition to the vitals like family, health, food, clothes, and shelter, we think of summer camp in Maine. Camp in Maine brings happiness, exploration, and new opportunities – it feeds our soul. With approximately 210 days ‘til summer camp 2022 starts, we think about why we are thankful.
We are thankful for …
- Breathtaking Maine sunrises and sunsets
- Big natural beautiful lakes for sailing, swimming, and skiing every summer day
- Vast fields and forests
- The smell of pine in the air
- Laughter and smiles of happy campers at play
- A wonderful community of current Maine camp families and more than 500,000 alumni
- Caring, smart, and experienced camp directors and staff
- Invaluable friendships and connections that can last a lifetime
- Generations of traditions
- Memorable out-of-camp trips
- So many ways for campers and staff to learn, grow, and soar
- An amazing group of 35+ premier overnight summer camps that are part of the MCE collegial community sharing best practices and more
- Incredible business supply partners that enhance the Maine Camp summers: from boats and building materials, to food and fun entertainment; from cleaning suppliers and laundry services, to online camp management systems and medication packaging services; transportation, staffing services, camp clothing, camp baggage services; court resurfacing; and much more!
Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving holiday.
We can’t wait for summer 2022!
Maine Camp Experience
Maine Camp Experience Resources & Tools
Looking for the perfect Maine camp for your child? Try out our helpful tool where you can select a camp by choosing: type of camp (girls, boys or coed) and session length (1-8 weeks). It helps to narrow down a few camps to a manageable list that includes rates. Then you can research these camps in more depth.
Next, be sure to contact our Maine Camp Guide, Laurie to discuss these camps as well as for free, year-round advice and assistance on choosing a great Maine summer camp for your child.
Talk to Laurie, our Maine Campcierge®, about choosing the right camp for your child and what to do in Maine.