We see the mental, physical, and social toll that quarantine takes on our children. Kids are spending too much time indoors, too much time on screens, and not enough time being active and with peers. We eagerly anticipate the coming summer when our kids will be at camp in Maine, a place that provides a fun and safe environment for campers to grow and play! Maine Camp Experience camps have been welcoming campers for over 100 years – including in 2020 – and they will again in Summer 2021.
Amidst Maine’s beautiful crystal clear lakes, vast fields, and the smell of pine in the air, Maine campers get to play in many ways:
– On the water – sailing, waterskiing, canoeing, swimming, paddle boarding, and more.
– At sports – tennis, basketball, soccer, lacrosse, volleyball, baseball, hockey, gymnastics, golf, horseback riding, and more.
– In the arts – theater, radio, music, dance, painting, photography, ceramics, and more.
– In nature – hikes, ropes courses, campfires with S’mores, overnight camping trips, and more.
– At fun evening activities like talent shows, magic shows, themed events like luaus and hoedowns, and more.
– In cabins – downtime hanging in the cabin with friends during rest hour and beyond is the perfect time for playing cards, jacks, pick up sticks, and more.
We know these have been trying times, but we see the light. We are excited for our kids to get back to their summer homes away from home to have fun and play!
Maine Camp Experience Resources & Tools
Looking for the perfect Maine camp for your child? Try out our helpful tool where you can select a camp by choosing: type of camp (girls, boys or coed) and session length (1-8 weeks). It helps to narrow down a few camps to a manageable list that includes rates. Then you can research these camps in more depth.
Next, be sure to contact our Maine Camp Guide, Laurie to discuss these camps as well as for free, year-round advice and assistance on choosing a great Maine summer camp for your child.
Talk to Laurie, our Maine Campcierge™, about choosing the right camp for your child and what to do in Maine.