Maine has so many unique and wonderful summer camps from which to choose. MCE camps offer tremendous growth opportunities and provide a positive environment for your child by fostering independence, self-confidence, socialization, mastery of new skills, community and lifelong friendships.
A Milestone in Life
Overnight camp is a milestone in a child’s development. The first question parents often ask is: “is my child ready for sleepaway camp”? Most children make the transition to overnight camp with ease, but here are some important questions to consider:
- Is your child physically and emotionally ready for overnight camp?
- Has your child had a successful sleep over at a friend or relative’s house?
- Can they handle a longer program day?
- Is your child no longer finding his or her day camp fulfilling?
- Is your child ready to experience new programs not offered at day camps?
- Does your child have friends who are beginning to discuss overnight camp?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s time to begin looking at an MCE Camp.